Tiffany and Patrick
"There are very few people in your life who will tell you the things you need to hear, rather than what you want to hear, no matter the consequences. Recognize those people early and keep them close always. They will keep you sane, they will make you brave, and they will keep you humble."
Get ready for a sappy post y'all, this one goes out to one of my dearest and most treasured friendships.
Tiffany and I have not been friends for long, but our friendship is truer and more meaningful than most I've ever had. There are few people in my life who I feel comfortable opening up to, and Tiffany is one of them. She is genuine, honest, and reliable, and those are characteristics not easy to find in a person.
There are certain qualities in friendships that I am always looking for...
1. Being honest in all situations, even when it might not be what you want to hear.
2. Encouragement, people who lift you up and truly want to see you succeed
3. People who go out of their way to check in on you, and genuinely care about what's going on in your life
4. People who make time for you, despite their busy schedules. Even if it can only happen a few times a year, it's the effort that matters
5. And finally, people who've got your back when you're with them, and when you're not.
And Tiffany hits all five. She has supported me on my worst days, put me in place at times when I was out of line, and stood up for me when other's put me down. She texts me almost weekly just to make sure I'm doing good, and we make time for 'friendships dates' where just the two of us meet up to catch up on life. I know she is one of the few people I can tell anything to. With her, it's a safe space.
And finally she supports my dreams and wants to see me succeed in life!
I had asked Tiffany if she and her boyfriend would mind being models for a shoot I had envisioned, and of course she agreed. These two are seriously the cutest. I've watched their relationship get stronger and stronger over the years and I just can't get over how adorable they are together! Seriously, a perfect match, and they brought their personalities to this shoot making it even better than I envisioned!
A special thanks to Brittney Bee who did the makeup for this shoot, and another dear friend of mine who hits all five friendship points ;)
Check out her work here!